Events are vital in raising funds and awareness for Mayhew – and we couldn’t do them without volunteers!
This is a role for an enthusiastic, proactive responsible Events Volunteer to assist with any events Mayhew holds or attends. The purpose of which is to raise awareness and funds through talking to members of the public and selling of Mayhew stock.
- To proactively engage with all members of the public visiting the stall and respond to their questions/needs
- To promote the stated objectives and policies of Mayhew, raising awareness of our services and projects
- To raise money for Mayhew via the sale of merchandise or collection of donations
- To set-up the stall so it looks attractive and information, goods and prices are well displayed according to instructions as delivered by the event lead.
- To ensure that money and membership data is safely stored
- Helping with transfer of stock
- Assisting with set up or pack up, including;
– Collecting Mayhews event van from Trenmar Gardens, NW10 and driving tothe events location
– Setting up Mayhew branded gazebos, including weights
– Reloading the events van at the end of the day and returning the van to Trenmar Gardens.
Visit our volunteers page here to apply!