Our vision is a world where all pets are well cared for in loving homes for life.
To achieve this, we not only provide care for pets in need, but also help people be the best pet owners they can be.
We are looking to recruit two full time Dog Carers to join our large team of staff and volunteers.
Our Carers implement a high-quality provision for the dogs in our care and support the rehoming journey through assessment, behaviour modification, and exceptional customer service.
The ability to work both as part of a large team and independently is essential alongside an ability to work alongside other stakeholders in our pet service teams.
• Provide the highest standard of care for dogs, including practical ‘life skills’ training during all interactions to improve dogs’ welfare, emotional state, behaviour, and chance of success in a new home.
• Collaborate with colleagues to support decision-making for dogs’ welfare, training, and rehoming
• To introduce, translate, and deliver training and behaviour plans to Pet Seekers in a user-friendly way to ensure the individual dog’s requirements are understood and taken on in the new home.
The successful candidate will have an aptitude for animal behaviour/ handling with a willingness to undertake in house training to progress in the role. They will also be a strong team player, able to have a positive outlook in what can be an emotionally demanding role, and be able to perform tasks of a physical nature such as dog walking 3-4 hours a day in all weathers.
A qualification in Animal management or behaviour is desirable for this role.
The working pattern for these positions would be;
• Week 1: Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri
• Week 2: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat, Sun
The starting salary for this position will be £21,255 – £22,635 per annum, depending on experience. In addition, the successful candidate will benefit from;
- 36 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) rising by 1 day each year to 40 days after five years
- Up to 8% employer pension contributions
- Support towards healthcare costs (cashplan)
- Free access to Headspace
- Life assurance (4x salary)
- 25% discount in our charity shops.
Please note that this vacancy may close earlier than the date shown should we receive high volumes of applications.
Interviews may commence prior to the closing date.