About The Association of Dogs and Cats Homes
The Association of Dogs and Cats Homes is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) registered in England (No.1180574). It is the membership body for dog and cat rescue organisations in the UK and Republic of Ireland with 150 members and growing fast. It includes rescues of all sizes and supports thousands of staff and volunteers at our Members, who help tens of thousands of animals annually.
The Board of Trustees comprise an elected Chair and Vice Chair, an appointed Secretary and Treasurer, with the other (mainly elected) Trustees. The Association’s members delegate authority for its day-to-day management to the Trustees whose work is supported by two full-time and one part-time members of staff. Trustees are passionate about animal welfare and furthering the aims of the Association. Refer to our Strategic Plan for more details on our aims and objectives.
We are now seeking to appoint an Honorary Bookkeeper, who will work in partnership and with the guidance of the Honorary Treasurer to:
- Handle the transactional aspects of the finances of the ADCH
- Assist the Honorary Treasurer in ensuring the ongoing financial viability of the Association
- Ensure processes are efficient to support growth of the ADCH.
Key skills required:
- Bookkeeping experience, ideally with QuickBooks
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and payable/receivable principles
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Commitment to understanding the vision and mission of the Association of Dogs & Cats Homes.
Approximately two hours per week, but more before conference, plus optional attendance at Finance, Governance & Risk Committee meetings, Open Meetings, AGM and Conference.
Volunteer Role Description
Download role description here For an informal conversation please email Therese Davall (as below).
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please download, complete and return the volunteer application form here
Therese Davall, Member & Administration Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)