Our vision is a world where all pets are well cared for in loving homes for life. To achieve this, we not only provide care for pets in need, but also help people be the best pet owners they can be.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Dog Care Team Manager to support the delivery of a high quality Care provision for dogs on a permanent, full-time contract.
The Dog Care Team Manager is part of a team of 4 responsible for assisting the Dog Section Manager with the delivery of a proactive, efficient, and effective section helping vulnerable dogs in need.
Our Care provision supports up to 70 dogs onsite and up to a further 40 dogs in off-site care including our fostering and owner home care services. This forms part of a suite of agile services that provide a tailored journey for the pet towards finding their new owner. The Dog Care Team support the care, welfare, and training of dogs onsite and in foster care, in order to successfully place them in a new home.
The successful candidate will be able to make a real difference by line-managing and developing a team of Care Specialists, Carers, and volunteers, as well as leading on decision-making for dogs to maximise their welfare and rehomability.
- Coaching and mentoring the professional development of direct reports.
- Utilising guidance and information from colleagues within and outside the section to support decision-making regarding dogs welfare, behaviour, and rehomability.
- Assisting the Section Manager in the review and implementation of all policies and procedures relevant to the department.
- To collaboratively work alongside Woodgreen colleagues to provide a consistent and engaging approach to volunteering.
The successful candidate must have strong emotional resilience and empathy in what can often be a challenging, fast-paced role and environment. They will be skilled in compassionate communication with the ability to see the bigger picture, and a passion for dog welfare which must equalled with passion and experience in developing people to achieve their potential. They will also have strong line-management experience, working collaboratively with their team to achieve a common goal.
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week at our Godmanchester site, with a 1 in 4 weekend rota pattern.
The starting salary for this position is £27,348 – £30,387 per annum, depending on experience.
This will be complemented by;
- 36 days annual leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays) rising by 1 day each year to 40 days after five years.
- Up to 8% employer pension contributions
- Support towards healthcare costs (cashplan)
- Employee wellbeing package to include free access to Headspace
- Life assurance (4x salary).
- Benefits hub – exclusive discounts on popular brands
- 25% discount in our charity shops
This vacancy may close earlier should we receive high volumes of applications. Interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and a Covering Letter which outlines why you feel that you would be the best candidate for this role. Applications without a covering letter may not be considered.