Our vision is a world where all pets are well cared for in loving homes for life. To achieve this, we not only provide care for pets in need, but also help people be the best pet owners they can be.
We are looking for a Small Pet Carer to join our friendly and busy team on a full time permanent basis.
Working with up to 10 different species, you’ll have the chance to make a real difference and focus on issues that change the live of animals.
As a Small Pet Carer, you will be responsible for ensuring that our pets are cared for in line with our guidelines and policies, as well as applicable laws including the Animal Welfare Act. This will involve the day to day care of our pets, accurate record keeping and working as a team to ensure the smooth running of our department.
In addition to this, you will:
– Deliver care interventions to enrich the lives of our pets
– Work alongside our Pet Care Specialists to ensure that each pet is given the individual care they need
– Support the relinquishment and rehoming of pets through customer care
– Work alongside our Off-site care team to support the movement of animals between onsite care and foster homes
To be considered as a Small Pet Carer you will need:
– GCSE or equivalent in English
– Significant experience working or volunteering with small pet species
– Demonstrable experience in customer care
– Proven communication skills within a team setting
– A thorough understanding of the Animal Welfare Act
– Experience using Microsoft packages
– Full driving licence
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week including every other weekend.
The starting salary for this position will be £18,682 – £20,289 depending on experience.
This vacancy may close earlier should we receive high volumes of applications and interviews may commence prior to the closing date.