Friday Passionate about animal welfare, Wood Green, The Animals Charity is a leading organisation that’s dedicated to improving the lives of pets.
We are looking for a Small Pet Carer on a permanent contract to join our friendly and busy team.
Working with up to 12 different species, you’ll have the chance to make a real difference with your career and will focus on an issue that matters to you and changes the live of animals.
As a Small Pet Carer, you will be responsible for ensuring our pets are cared for in line with our guidelines and policies, as well as applicable laws including the Animal Welfare Act. This will involve day to day care of our pets, accurate record keeping and working as a team to ensure a smooth running of our department.
In addition, you will:
– Deliver care interventions to enrich the lives of our pets
– Work alongside our Pet Care Specialists to ensure each pet is given the individual care they need
– Support the relinquishment and rehoming of pets through customer care
– Work alongside our Off-site care team to support the movement of animals between onsite care and foster homes
To be considered as a Small Pet Carer you will need:
– GCSE or equivalent in English
– Significant experience working or volunteering with small pet species
– Demonstrable experience in customer care
– Proven communication skills within a team setting
– A thorough understanding of the Animal Welfare Act
– Experience using Microsoft packages
– Full driving licence
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week including every other weekend.