Every dog and cat in need deserves expert, personalised care and support, and to be loved.
When you work for Mayhew, you understand that better than ever. We’re a passionate, committed and diverse team of c80 staff and c150 volunteers, here for dogs, cats and communities in the UK, in Afghanistan and in Georgia. We offer expert veterinary care, rescue and rehoming services, programmes in the community and guidance and support to improve the lives of dogs and cats in need.
We are recruiting a Partnerships & Philanthropy Manager who shares our compassion and commitment for animal welfare. This is a key role in the Fundraising Team at Mayhew helping to generate significant income from corporate partners and other key institutional funders. It involves developing and growing a regular and reliable pipeline of new and existing corporate partners and grant making prospects, ensuring they’re engaged with Mayhew and financially committed to supporting our ambitious aims to deliver greater impact for dogs, cats, and communities over the coming years.
The Partnerships & Philanthropy Manager will lead corporate and trust fundraising at Mayhew and will work closely with many colleagues across the organisation, including the Head of Fundraising, Head of International Projects and Relations and the wider Senior Management Team, to plan and deliver tailored and engaging applications and pitches, securing both restricted and unrestricted funding. This role will take ownership for the corporate and trust fundraising strategies, researching new opportunities, developing budgets and approaches, as well as leading the day-to-day relationship management of these important partners.
The post holder will be joining Mayhew at an exciting time. Ambitious plans are in development to raise Mayhew’s profile and deliver our strategic objectives over the coming years so we can broaden reach and deepen impact for dogs, cats, pet owners and communities. We feel the urgency of soaring demand for our vital work and feel relentless in our commitment to rise to meet it. We work in a contemporary and flexible way, always supporting one another to take opportunities and to manage competing priorities so we can achieve our objectives. We are looking for someone who is as committed to dogs and cats in need as we are, and who thrives in this working style. We are determined to achieve a collaborative, integrated working approach for the organisation and to move the charity forward at pace.
Generally, you will:
- Lead corporate and trust fundraising at Mayhew and develop these areas to increase net income and establish long-term relationships.
- Identify – through research and own knowledge – new opportunities within corporate and trust fundraising that will align with our strategic goals.
- Manage and maintain the corporate and trust pipelines, including inputting into the annual budget and monthly management account processes.
- Lead the day-to-day management and stewardship of a portfolio of corporate and grant making bodies, developing tailored plans for each existing and potential funder.
- Ensure donor and organisation contact records are kept up to date and are handled appropriately.
To be successful in this role, you will
- Have a proven and successful track record of working with corporate partners and trusts and foundations.
- Have a passion for working with organisations and institutional funders to deliver transformative growth within an organisation.
- Have experience of trust and foundation fundraising techniques and project bid submissions.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish, meet and monitor budgets and KPIs.
- Be a confident communicator across all mediums.
- Enjoy networking and building relationships.
- Be an organised self-starter.