We are looking for a Cat Carer to join our friendly team. This is a full-time position on a permanent basis.
Cat Section is a busy department with lots going on. We have over one hundred cats and kittens in our care at the moment! We are also looking forward to the opening of our new Cat Care Centre in January 2022.
As a Cat Carer, you will be responsible for ensuring our cats are treated as individuals and looked after to the highest standards, in line with our guidelines and policies. This role involves the day-to-day care of our cats, and daily record keeping. The role is physically demanding, and requires high standards of hygiene and cleanliness. It will also involve assessing and profiling the cats in your care, in order to facilitate successful rehoming.
In addition to this you will also:
– Deliver care interventions to enrich the lives of our cats
– Work alongside our Cat Specialists to ensure each cat is given the individual care they need
– Support the relinquishment and rehoming of cats through excellent customer care
– Work alongside both our surgery, Offsite Care and Welcome Centre teams
We are looking for someone who shows compassion in everything they do, both to people and animals. You must have an eye for detail and a proactive attitude. We are looking for a team player who embraces diversity and demonstrates emotional intelligence.
To be considered as a Cat Carer you will need:
– GCSE or equivalent in English
– Experience working, or volunteering with animals
– Demonstrable experience in customer care
– Proven communication skills within a team setting
– Experience using Microsoft packages
– Full driving licence
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week including every other weekend.
The starting salary for this position is £18,138 – £19,698 depending on experience.