Join the Raystede team, where we care for more than 2,000 animals a year.
We are one of the most diverse rescue centres in the UK, with many different animal types, including cats, dogs, donkeys, rabbits, terrapins and many more species.
We are looking for an Animal Nursing Assistant to work with us, to assist with a variety of tasks in our Surgery as we provide veterinary care to the small animals in our care. Veterinary care including routine health checks, treatment, and operations is essential to finding our animals new homes as quickly as possible, or for some species enabling them to thrive whilst living with us in sanctuary. As this is a hands-on role with animals, some prior experience and knowledge of animal care is necessary however it is an ideal role for somebody looking to gain experience with a view to becoming a veterinary nurse in the future or pursuing other roles working with animals. As a zero hours position, it could be perfect for somebody with other commitments that mean they are unable to fulfil a permanent position.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Apply shelter medicine principles in line with Raystede policies and procedures.
- Infectious disease control including the cleaning and preparation of veterinary areas.
- Restrain animals for examination, vaccinations and treatment and monitor animals under anaesthesia under the supervision and direction of the veterinary surgeon.
- Perform on-site laboratory work as required.
- To ensure the effective operation of the Surgery within its position in the wider organisation including stock management, timely completion of records, and correct provision of medicines following internal and external protocols.